Top 10 Benefits of SEO
The Top 10 Benefits of SEO – How Search Engine Optimization Can Help Your Website
Far gone are days of using the Yellow Pages or other “offline” directories as a cost effective means of advertising. As a result, businesses are investing heavily in Search Engine Optimization to gain an edge over their competition in Search Engine rankings. More and more companies are gaining online exposure to reach wider audiences and to increase their market share.
As far as internet marketing is concerned, Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is one of the most effective ways to promote your website. SEO is a collection of techniques to increase the ranking of your site for the keywords of your choice. Because there are so many benefits associated to driving organic (or free) traffic to your site through SEO, it would be great to know these benefits to help your decision prior to implementing your own search engine optimization campaign. Let us take a closer look at the 10 benefits of search engine optimization for your website and your company:
1. Brand Awareness – when your business is on the first page of major search engines for your targeted keyword, you will certainly boost your brand awareness. Users usually trust brands that rank well in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
2. Better Conversion Rates – the conversion rate of traffic generated through SEO is far better compared to most of the online traffic generation methods. Visitors who click through organic listings are actively looking for products and services and they are usually ready to purchase a solution to their problem. Hence, if you are selling something, the conversion rate from this type of method is one of the best.
3. Quantifiable Results – a marketing promotion can only be worth pursuing if it can be measured and improved. The results of SEO can be quantified with the help of online applications and tools like Google Analytics.
4. Long-term Impact – the results of an effective search engine optimization can be long lasting. The website can remain on top of the search engine results pages even after you stop the campaign. Because of its long-term impact, it can further increase brand awareness and build authority within your niche too.
5. PR Building – The distribution of quality content is necessary for PR building. SEO is heavily dependent on quality content. With consistent distribution of good quality content to different marketing channel as part of the SEO campaign, PR building for your business is accomplished.
6. Reputation Management – Websites that are on top of the SERPs are trusted by majority of the consumers. This benefit is connected with brand awareness too. Because the high-ranking websites are the ones with the best reputation due to quality content and consistent promotion, consumers tend to trust them more.
7. Better Customer Experience – Part of the search engine optimization is ensuring that visitors will have a good experience within the site. This can be done through providing reader-friendly content, well optimized tags, and the addition of sitemap.
8. More Long-term Customers – Because of improved conversion rates and better customer experience, customers that come from organic traffic have better chances of becoming loyal customers. This is actually supported by various research studies in internet marketing.
9. Cost Effectiveness – compared to other methods of online marketing, SEO is very cost effective. Because this method is better in acquiring more customers and keeping as long-term clients, you will get more value for your money. The results are also long lasting even after the campaigns are done.
10. High Return on Investment – ROI is one of the best indicators whether a marketing campaign is successful or not. The cost-effective method of driving organic traffic requires smaller investment and the results are long-term. Based on studies, SEO produces one of the best ROIs among all online marketing techniques.
Search engine optimization is truly worth the investment for the online exposure of your business. As a proven marketing strategy, SEO is a marketing move that small and big business owners should consider. Nevertheless, be reminded that SEO should be done by people who are fully capable of providing accurate research, good quality content, and consistent distribution.
Darryl Van Dyke
GetHits Internet Marketing